Faculty and Staff Self-Service Password Reset
The new Password Reset system is easier, provides enhanced security, and allows employees to independently recover a forgotten password.
Password Recovery Profile
A Password Recovery Profile allows you to quickly reset your passwords at any time without contacting IT support.
The process to create your Password Recovery Profile only has to be done ONCE. After you successfully create a Password Recovery Profile you will be able to reset your passwords.
You will NOT be able to reset passwords without setting up your Recovery Profile first.
What do you need:
- A mobile phone capable of receiving SMS (Text Messages)
- Your UTTYLER e-mail address
- Your UTTYLER password
- OPTIONAL: If you are off campus, you will also need to be signed up with Duo Security
Your new password must be suitably complex.
- It must NOT contain your name or username
- It must be at least 10 characters long
- It must have an uppercase, lowercase, and a number as part of the password
SPECIAL NOTE: If you are an employee and also a student and have the same username for both UTTyler and Patriots, you CANNOT have the same password. Please setup a different password for your student account.