DocuSign Training Guides
Resending an envelope sends another copy of the original email notification to all signers whose turn it is to sign and have yet to finish signing. These recipients receive the same email notification as was originally sent to them with an updated link to review and sign the documents.
- Links in any previously received email notifications will no longer work and the recipient must use the link in the new email.
- You can only resend envelopes that you sent or are shared with you, and that are still in process. Envelopes with a status of either Waiting For Others, Needs to Sign, or Needs to View are in process.
The resend feature is useful for these situations:
- Your recipients have deleted or lost the original notification email
- You want to remind the outstanding recipients whose turn it is to sign to DocuSign your document
- You added access code authentication to your document and the recipient fails the validation process; resend gives them another chance to pass the authentication challenge
How to Resend an Envelope
There are two ways to resend an envelope:
- Resend to all outstanding recipients whose turn it is to sign
- Resend to just one recipient
Resend to all outstanding recipients whose turn it is to sign
- From the Manage page, locate the in process document which you want to resend, click
on the drop-down arrow to view more options, and click Resend
- (Optional) To review the detailed status of an envelope before resending
- Click the title of the document to open the Details view
- On this screen you can check the Recipients and, on the right-hand side, you can see
and click, for better view, the completed documents. Click RESEND to resend the email
notification to the outstanding recipients whose turn it is to sign.
- From the Manage page, locate the in process document which you want to resend and
click the title to open the Details view > Click Correct
- For the recipient you want to remind, click the More menu and select Add private message and
enter your message
- Click Close. The message panel collapses and shows a private message is added for
Click Next, and then Save and Resend.
The recipient receives a new email notification with your updated private message and a new link to open the envelope. The link in any previous notification will no longer work.
You can resend any of your sent envelopes or those shared with you that are not yet completed. All in process recipients whose turn it is to view and sign receive a new email notification. The email notification is the same as was originally sent to them but has an updated link to review and sign the documents. Links in any previously received email notifications will no longer work and the recipient must use the link in the new email.
If automatic reminders are enabled for an envelope, then resending it resets the time sent for automatic reminder notifications.
DocuSign Support Center
Check out the official DocuSign Support Center for information on Signing, Sending, and Managing DocuSign. Learn More