English Graduate Program
Department of Literature and Languages
The master of arts degree in English at UT Tyler provides exciting opportunities for study in the fields of literature, writing and rhetoric. The program is designed to graduate students who have mastered advanced skills in critical thinking, textual interpretation, rigorous researching and analytical writing.
Students develop a deepened understanding of literature's cultural intellectual legacy and the ability to write well and with discernment. They gain the skills needed to effectively acquire knowledge and to communicate ideas in preparation for employment or doctoral study. See what our English MA graduates have to say.
The English MA program at UT Tyler is consistently a nationally top rank-ed graduate program with online and face-to-face options.
- Guided individual research and publication in lieu of exam for graduation
- Teaching under faculty supervision
- Award-winning faculty in teaching and research
- High placement in college-level teaching positions
- High acceptance into PhD programs
- Advanced positions in the Writing Center
Pursue your passion and specialty without additional coursework.
- 18- hour Milestone in College English studies prepares students for teaching college-level English
- Digital Rhetoric and Multimodal Design Track for advanced digital research and writing design
- Creative writing taught by published authors for teaching and writing literary genres
- Digital study of Literature enhances mobility in today's Information age
Master of Arts in English- Total Credit Hours = 36
For more information contact Dr. Tara Propper at firstname.lastname@example.org
18-Hour Milestone in College English Studies
The Milestone in College English Studies consists of 18-hours (6 courses) all of which count toward the hours needed to complete a Master of Arts in English at UT Tyler. Course emphasis is on composition, literature, and research and theoretical frameworks for teaching college level English.
Note: Students pursing the Milestone in College English Studies must be concurrently admitted to the Master of Arts program in English or another master’s program at The University of Texas at Tyler. Students must complete a Milestone Permission Form and maintain a cumulative 3.5 GPA for Milestone courses.
Recognition of Completion
Recognition of the completion of the Milestone will be on the transcript in the form below -