UT Tyler Department of Mechanical Engineering
The UT Tyler Department of Mechanical Engineering has a number of laboratories and facilities designed primarily for use by undergraduate students. Below is a list of the facilities with links to provide more information.
- Design Studio
- Engineering and UT Tyler Libraries
- Engineering Computer Laboratory
- Engineering Fabrication Laboratory
- Instrumentation Laboratory
- Manufacturing Laboratory
- Materials and Metrology Laboratory
- Mechatronics Laboratory
- Numerical Simulation Laboratory
- Thermal-Fluids Lab
Faculty within the department received funding from the National Science Foundation to assist with the development of educational materials and facilities to incorporate product realization throughout the curriculum. One of the results from the NSF funding is a guide to help other institutions interested in developing a curriculum that is rich in product realization.