MVSC Learning Outcomes
Student Learning Outcome 1: Student Resilience and Self-Advocacy
Students will understand the importance of taking ownership of their academic experience by leveraging the MVSC to:
- receive information to make informed decisions,
- appropriately respond to given directions, and
- become aware of their rights and responsibilities as a military affiliated student.
Student Learning Outcome 2: Accessing Educational Benefits
Students will learn and understand:
- the different types of federal/state education benefits available to military affiliated students, and
- the required documentation to access their benefits.
Students will demonstrate this knowledge by:
- communicating what benefit they are using, after eligibility has been established; and
- submitting required documentation.
Student Learning Outcome 3: Co-Curricular Engagement
Students will learn and understand the importance of co-curricular engagement as an enhancement to their educational experience, and demonstrate this knowledge by participating in MVSC- and UT Tyler-sponsored events and student organizations.