UT Tyler Graduate Nursing
Entrance Exam Information
Entrance exams are required for the PhD and DNP graduate programs in the UT Tyler School of Nursing. Graduate Record Examination (GRE) General Test: Satisfactory GRE scores taken within the past five years are required.
- Prometric Testing Center administers the GRE
Tyler address: 2200 Troup Hwy, in the Alpha Center building, Suite 216
Hours: 9 a.m. - 6 p.m. Monday - Friday
- Stephen F. Austin State University, Nacogdoches, TX administers the GRE
Please call 936.468.2401 for testing dates and registration information
- Other testing sites are located at colleges and testing centers in different cities
ETS offers a limited number of GRE® Fee Reduction Certificates on a first-come, first-served basis that are available for college seniors and unenrolled college graduates who meet eligibility requirements. A Fee Reduction Certificate may be used for one GRE General Test and/or one GRE Subject Test. Eligibility for participation in the Fee Reduction Program is limited to one time only. Thereafter, the full test fee will be charged for additional tests for which the candidate registers. Individuals meeting the eligibility requirements will be required to pay 50 percent of the full test fee.
To be eligible, you must be a U.S. citizen or resident alien who is a college senior or an unenrolled college graduate.
College seniors must be:
- receiving financial aid through an undergraduate college in the United States, U.S. Territories or Puerto Rico, and
- a dependent, who has an Institutional Student Information Report (ISIR) that shows a parental contribution of not more than $1,400 for the senior year, or
- self-supporting and have an ISIR that shows a contribution of not more than $1,800 for the senior year
Unenrolled college graduates must:
- have applied for financial aid, and
- have an ISIR that indicates self-supporting status and a contribution of not more than $1,800
To apply for a GRE Fee Reduction Certificate:
- Contact your financial aid office to see whether you qualify.
- Once your eligibility is established, the financial aid office will issue you a Fee Reduction Certificate and a copy of your ISIR.
- Follow the instructions on the certificate. Allow up to three weeks for processing and mail delivery.
Letter requests, photocopies and faxes of Fee Reduction Certificates will not be accepted. Fee Reduction Certificates are not retroactive and they cannot be replaced if lost or stolen. There are no refunds for unused Fee Reduction Certificates and no refunds will be provided to examinees who are not admitted to the test for any reason (including unacceptable identification).
For the Unemployed
ETS is offering a limited number of GRE Fee Reduction Certificates to individuals who can confirm that they are unemployed and receiving unemployment compensation. Qualified individuals can register to take the computer-based GRE General Test for half the cost of the regular test fee.
To learn more about eligibility requirements, instructions for participation and program policies, visit the GRE Fee Reduction information site.