School of Nursing
HRSA InTune Traineeship Grant
The HRSA Traineeship Grant Continues until 2023!
Get up to three semesters of your FNP education paid for!
- Who: UT Tyler FNP students (especially from rural/underserved areas)
- What: Recruiting and graduating more skilled, practice-ready, team-based FNPs to become employed in rural/underserved (R/US) areas
- Where: Medically Underserved Areas (MUAs), Medically Underserved Populations (MUPs), or Health Professional Shortage Areas (HPSAs)
- Why: To increase the numbers of diverse FNP students recruited to/graduating from UT Tyler, and to increase their employment in R/US areas; to improve access to quality healthcare of MUA/MUP/HPSA populations; and, to develop primary care training sites for immersive longitudinal clinical training in R/US areas/populations for enrollees in the UT Tyler FNP programs.
This grant specifically applies to clinical precepted practice in the rural and underserved areas of East Texas while in school, and requires one year of employment within the same demographic upon graduation. Multiple sites are available. NOTE: ** The InTune/HRSA Traineeship grant is fully funded by HRSA and all FNP qualified applicants will not be excluded based on current financial aid, grants or any assistance by scholarships already being utilized or in effect.
> Spring 2020 Application (Deadline November 1, 2019)
Any questions, please contact Ms. Melinda Morris, Grant Coordinator, at email@example.com or Dr. Carol Rizer, Project Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- InTune Website
- Staff and other Grant Information
- Past Psych Mental Health Conference Information
- Fall 2019 InTune Newsletter