UT Tyler PhD in Nursing
PhD -- March 1st
Applicants granted admission should plan to attend an on-campus orientation session in early May.
Applicants who are offered acceptance into a graduate nursing program will pay a non-refundable seat deposit of $200.00 by the date indicated in the acceptance letter. Failure to pay the deposit will result in forfeiture of the acceptance. The $200.00 is applied toward the first semester tuition. Applicants who accept an offer of admission but later decide not to attend will forfeit the seat deposit.
Apply to the University
All applicants must apply to the university prior to applying to the nursing program. Go to The Graduate School to complete the application.
*Current or previous UT Tyler students must complete a new application if applying for a higher level of degree (i.e., BSN to MSN, MSN to PhD, MSN to DNP, MSN to Post Master’s Certificate)
*If you are an on-line, out of state applicant, please be aware of reciprocity agreements that may impact clinical hours: State Authorization
How Much Does it Cost to Apply?
$50 for domestic students; $75 for international students. The fee is non-refundable and must be paid before your application will be processed. Credit card payments must be made at the time of application by Visa or MasterCard only.
All UT Tyler alumni will have the fees waived. Please select the 'Pay by Check' option and once your application is processed the fee will be waived. Please do NOT send a check, as no refunds can be given.
Submit Official Transcripts
- Submit official transcripts showing BSN or Master’s Degree in Nursing from accredited institution (do not submit community or junior college transcripts)
- UT Tyler graduates do not to forward transcripts from the Registrar’s Office
Submit Required Documents for School of Nursing
Required documents include essay, current nursing license, and three professional or academic references. Submit documentation using this link: SON PhD Application and Documentation.
- A 2-4 page paper linking research interests and professional goals to the School of Nursing's emphasized areas of research: Vulnerable Populations, Health & Wellness, and innovations in Practice. Please see the SON PhD Application for details.
- Provide state of licensure and license number within the application
- Three professional or academic references required
- Use this link: Reference Form
- Once the reference link is completed, you will be sent a confirmation email