UT Tyler Undergraduate Nursing
Accelerated BSN Admission Criteria and Deadlines
- Applications are accepted 1 time a year for entry in mid-May.
The deadline for applications is September 15.
Nursing School Application
(**Apple devices require Firefox and Adobe reader to be installed for this form to work properly. For best results, use a Windows-based operating system.)
- Full admission to UT Tyler: www.applytexas.org
*This does not guarantee admission to the accelerated track; Only the most qualified applicants are accepted
- Baccalaureate degree with a minimum GPA of 3.0 from the baccalaureate degree only
*post baccalaureate or graduate classes are not calculated into the GPA. The 3.0 GPA is calculated by the awarding institution.
- All prerequisite courses must be completed by the time the program begins.
- Commitment to full-time enrollment status for the 16 months to complete the degree.
- Meet Texas Core requirements and a minimum GPA of 2.75 on nursing prerequisites.
- Core Curriculum Required:
- U.S. History 6 hours
- U.S. Government 3 hours
- Texas Government 3 hours
- Math Statistics 3 hours
- College of Nursing Prerequisite Courses
- Anatomy & Physiology I & II 8 hours
- Chemistry (lab required) 4 hours
- Microbiology (lab required) 4 hours
- Nutrition 3 hours
- Lifespan Growth & Development 3 hours
- Introductory Psychology 3 hours
- Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS Version V5.0 or higher). Earlier versions will not be accepted.
Upon acceptance, please submit the following:
- Clear criminal background check or cleared Declaratory Order from the Texas Board of Nursing
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support for Health Care Providers
- Immunizations (TB, Hepatitis series or titer, MMR or rubella titer, Tetanus)