UT Tyler

Office of International Programs

Information for F-1 Students

Most students come to the United States to enroll in a full-time degree program in F-1 student status. A Form I-20 (Certificate of Eligibility for an F-1 student visa) is issued to students by UT Tyler for entry into the U.S.

Dependents (spouse or children) of an F-1 visa holder can accompany the student on F-2 dependent status.

If you reside outside the U.S., the UT Tyler Office of International Programs will send you the I-20 after you have submitted the required evidence of financial support. You must then pay the SEVIS fee. The I-20 must be presented at the U.S. Consulate or Embassy when applying for the F-1 student visa, along with your unexpired passport, evidence of financial support and SEVIS fee receipt.

UT Tyler