Office of International Programs
F-1 Transfer Students
F-1 transfer students are those who:
- Have been admitted to UT Tyler,
- Are currently in the US maintaining F-1 status, and
- Plan to transfer their SEVIS I-20 record to UT Tyler.
How can I Obtain a UT Tyler Form I-20?
F-1 transfer students must submit the following documents:
- Financial Affidavit for F-1 Students,
- Financial support documents,
- Copies of passport, I-94, visa, and current I-20, and
- A UT Tyler SEVIS Transfer Request form, completed by the student's current international student advisor.
Documents should be submitted prior to the first day of classes and may be submitted:
- In person – Submit to the ISSFS Office
- University Center (UC) 2160, University of Texas at Tyler campus
- By mail – Use the following mailing address:
- International Student, Scholar and Faculty Services Center
The University of Texas at Tyler
3900 University Blvd., UC 2160
Tyler, TX 75799
- By email
- Send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please send scanned attachments as PDFs.
How do I Transfer my SEVIS I-20 Record to UT Tyler?
F-1 transfer students must ensure that their SEVIS I-20 record is transferred to UT Tyler.
- Students should contact an international student advisor at the institution currently holding their SEVIS I-20 record to request a transfer of the record to UT Tyler.
- The SEVIS I-20 record must be released to The University of Texas at Tyler, school code: DAL214F00503000 .
UT Tyler Form I-20 Pick-Up
F-1 transfer students should sign and pick up their UT Tyler Form I-20 for continued attendance in the International Student, Scholar and Faculty Services office no later than the semester Census Date.