International Student Services
UT-SHIP Fee Waiver Application Process
Step One: Check Policy Eligibility
- Gather documents - Have an electronic copy of your insurance card, Policy of Benefits Summary, and proof of Medical Evacuation and Repatriation Coverage.*
- Coverage must begin on or before UT-SHIP Coverage Dates listed for the semester.
- For other criteria, go to the waiver website and Select “Health Care Coverage and Evacuation/Repatriation Coverage Requirements for International Students.”
- Compare the coverage listed on your policy summary to the listed requirements.
- If the alternate plan meets all the requirements, you may proceed to submit a waiver request.*
*A policy that meets all requirements except evacuation/repatriation coverage may be granted a partial waiver provided that evacuation/repatriation coverage is purchased separately.
Step Two: Submit Waiver Request
- Go to the waiver website and Select "Click Here to Submit Your Waiver Request If You Meet the Listed Requirements."
- Create or login to your account:
- First time applicants will click on the "New Student Registration" link on the login page and enter the required demographic information including your UT Tyler ID number and create your password. Select the "Register" button to continue.
- If you have already established an account, then enter your UT Tyler ID number and your previously chosen password.
- In the "No, I do not want the insurance" section, select the red waiver button.
- Complete the waiver form and attach copies of your scanned documents described in “Check Policy Eligibility,” item 1 above. (Review the quick reference if you need additional assistance.)
- Select the "Submit Waiver" button.
Step Three: Check Your Results
A decision email will be sent to your Patriots email account 3-5 business days after your submission. If your request is approved, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for the insurance fee to be removed.