Steps to Submit a Waiver
Office of International Programs
Online Waiver Process
For all International students on an F-1 or J-1 visa, The University of Texas at Tyler SHIP (Student Health Insurance Plan) for Spring and Summer semester will be charged as one premium of $1445. This premium includes $856 for Spring coverage dates 1/1/18 to 5/14/18, and $589 for Summer coverage dates 5/15/18 to 8/14/18.
The Health Insurance Waiver Application link will appear on the AHP waiver page on the following dates:
- 1 May 2018 to 26 May 2018 for Summer 2018 only waiver applications.
- 2 July 2018 to 1 September 2018 for Fall 2018 waiver applications.
Please note that these dates are strictly followed and no new waiver applications will be received by AHP or the after the link for the specific term is removed.
If you have an alternate health insurance plan, and you would like to verify to see if it meets the waiver criteria, then please go to the waiver website and compare the coverage with your plan. If your plan meets the criteria, then please follow these instructions to apply for the waiver of The University of Texas at Tyler SHIP (Student Health Insurance Plan):
- Have an electronic copy of your insurance card, Policy of Benefits Summary, and proof of Medical Evacuation and Repatriation Coverage.
- Go to the waiver website.
- Select the "Click here to submit a waiver request" link.
- First time applicant will click on the "New Student Registration" link on the login page and enter the required demographic information including your UT Tyler ID number and create your password. Select the "Register" button to continue.
- If you have already established an account, then enter your UT Tyler ID number and your previously chosen password.
- Select the red waiver button from the "No, I do not want the insurance" section.
- Complete the waiver form and attach copies of your scanned documents described in item 1 above.
- Select the "Submit Waiver" button.
- Review quick reference if you need additional assistance.
- Inform your International Advisor (email@example.com) about the results of your waiver application so that insurance charges on your student account can be adjusted as necessary.