What to do if the OIP Offices are Closed
For NON-IMMIGRATION emergencies... Dial 9-1-1
You will be asked your location, phone number, name and type of emergency. The operator
will send the appropriate assistance.
Examples of non-immigration emergencies: Fire, serious injury, sexual assault or robbery.
For IMMIGRATION emergencies... Call the UT Tyler Police at 903.566.7300.
You will be asked your name, phone number and type of emergency. The operator will contact the appropriate OIP staff member who will return your call immediately.
Examples of immigration emergencies: Trouble at the U.S. port of entry or contact/detention by an Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) or Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) agent.
For OTHER ISSUES
Travel Signatures or Replacement I-20/DS-2019
- If you are outside the U.S. without a travel signature or your I-20/DS-2019 has been lost or stolen:
Received I-515 at Port of Entry
- If you were given an I-515 form at the port of entry (not presenting all required
documents at the time of entry):
- Contact your international student advisor during regular office hours (M-F 8:00-5:00) for assistance.
- Submit the required documents per the I-515 instructions within 30 days of entering the U.S.
- If your passport is lost or stolen while you are in the United States:
- File a police report with the local police where the incident occurred.
- Contact an embassy or consulate for a replacement passport.
- Contact your international student advisor during regular office hours (M-F 8:00-5:00) for more information about replacing the U.S. visa and/or I-94.
- If you are a student/scholar experiencing a visa delay or security check that might
prevent you from starting school or work by your official program start date:
- Let your academic department know about the delay and ask if they can accommodate a late arrival.
- Contact your international student advisor during regular office hours (M-F 8:00-5:00) to explore your options.
New Student in Need of I-20/DS-2019
- If you have been admitted to the University of Texas at Tyler for the upcoming semester
and need an I-20 or DS-2019:
- Within two business days of your admission the Office of International Programs will be notified. An international student advisor will email you regarding creation of the Form I-20.
- For questions about health insurance, please refer to our health insurance website for more information.