- U.S. Department of State
- Passport Acceptance Facility
- Instalación de Aceptación de Pasaportes
- Schedule an Appointment
- OIP Home
3620 Varsity Drive
Tyler, TX 75701
800 UT TYLER
Passport Application Requirements
How to Apply Using a DS-11 Form
- USE BLACK INK ONLY ON ALL APPLICATIONS.
- Applicants for U.S. Passports must be U.S. Citizens.
- We can't print a digitally-filled application here. If you can't print from home,
complete it by hand in our office.
- We cannot receive emails that contain an SSN, and for your security, it is best to never email documents with as much information as these forms require.
- All applicants using the DS-11 form must appear in person.
- Both parents must appear for minors under the age of 16. Please view minor specifics for what to do if both parents cannot come in.
- Do not attach your photo, complete the ID section, or sign. This must be completed and witnessed by an authorized passport agent. Filling this in will require redoing the application.
Before you Arrive to Apply
- Schedule your appointment - Book here
- Check your email for a manual agent-sent email titled "Passport Appointment Confirmation
and Check-In Link". This email will only be sent between 8-4 Monday - Friday.
- This confirmation email contains all that you need to know about payment and fees, what to bring, and links to important details that will make your appointment go smoothly and prevent the need for a reschedule.
- If you do NOT receive this email, your appointment is NOT confirmed with an acceptance agent. If possible please email or call prior to leaving your home for an unconfirmed appointment (this tends to happen due to holiday closures or early am Monday appointments if appointment was made outside office hours).
- Review our General Passport Application Checklist (16/17 yr old and minor checklists can be found below)
- Complete your paperwork and collect all required certified documents
- Read a quick walk-through of what happens once you're at our office
- Check processing times so you know what fees to expect
- Find our location and save it in your GPS (we can be difficult to find)
For further details, please follow the links for each item.
The "DS-11 Form" link will take you to the U.S. Department of State website, and the video checklist will take you to youtube.
- Check your email to view your receipt and important information
- Complete our Passport Facility survey to share about your experience with us (link is provided in your email)
- Track your application status
Please use caution when hiring a third party to carry your certified, personal documentation. This should only be done if you have an emergency or sudden travel plans and are unable to go to an appointment personally. You must be able to submit proof that you are traveling in less than 14 days by submitting a copy of your plane/cruise ticket, hotel booking, or other imminent travel documentation booked in your name.
- Checklist Guide
- Instructions (U.S. Department of State website)
- Life or Death Emergency: Need a Passport in Less Than 72 hours
- Passport Agencies and Centers
Please visit the U.S. Department of State website.