Ben and Maytee Fisch College of Pharmacy
Prerequisite coursework provides a solid foundation for the Pharm.D. curriculum. The Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education recommends chemistry, biology, mathematics, information and communication technologies, physical sciences, and general education courses as a foundation for the Pharm.D. curriculum (ACPE 2011, Standard 17.1).
|Biology I & Lab (for science majors)
||Biology II & Lab (for science majors)
|General Chemistry I & Lab||General Chemistry II & Lab|
|Organic Chemistry I & Lab||Organic Chemistry II & Lab|
|Anatomy & Physiology I & Lab*||Anatomy & Physiology II & Lab*|
|Microbiology & Lab (for science majors)
*A separate Human Anatomy + Lab (3+1 SCH) and Human Physiology + Lab (3+1 SCH) courses may be used to satisfy the Anatomy/Physiology I & II requirements.
Seven Year Time Requirements for Prerequisites
Several prerequisite courses must be completed within seven years of entering the Pharm.D. program:
- Anatomy & Physiology I Lecture & Lab
- Anatomy & Physiology II Lecture & Lab
- Microbiology Lecture & Lab
- Organic Chemistry I Lecture & Lab
- Organic Chemistry II Lecture & Lab
- Biology I Lecture & Lab
Biology II Lecture & Lab
Applicants requesting an exemption must submit an exemption form.
Deadline to Complete Prerequisites:
- Prerequisites must be completed by the end of the spring term immediately preceding
entry into the program.
- Students may petition the college’s Office of Student Affairs to take prerequisites in the summer.
- Requests are reviewed on a case-by-case basis.