Office of the Registrar

Frequently Asked Questions

  1. How do I contact the Registrar’s Office?

    By Mail:

    The University of Texas at Tyler
    Office of the Registrar, ADM 215
    3900 University Blvd.
    Tyler, Texas 75799

    By Phone:


    On the Web:


  2. What are the office hours?

    8 a.m.-5 p.m.

    Special hours for registration dates will be posted in the Academic Calendar.

  3. What is myUTTyler?

    myUTTyler is the online student registration and information system. From the myUTTyler Portal, the Student Center provides an overview of the student's information and quick links to more detailed information. Under the Student Center link, you can register for classes, check course availability or your schedule, obtain an unofficial transcript, view your Patriot Advisement Report (PAR) and grades, view/accept financial aid, view admission status, view/pay tuition and fee bill, access 1098T form, check holds, view your to do list and more!

  4. Why are the Patriot Account and Patriot Email important to me?

    Students must activate their Patriot Account before they can log in to myUTTyler, Patriot Email, Patriot Air, Canvas, Library computers and services, and other on-campus computers. The Patriot Account is the source of the common password for all of these accounts.

    Students should check their Patriot Email account regularly. The Patriot Email account is the official method for faculty, staff and administration to communicate with the student body. Important information that may require action on the student's part will be sent to their Patriot Email. Students are expected to be aware of communications received at their Patriot Email account.

    Information about the Patriot Email account.
  5. How do I log into myUTTyler?

    To log into myUTTyler, use your Patriot Account user name and password. Your Patriot Account must be activated before you can log into myUTTyler. To activate your Patriot Account, go to To change your password, visit the Campus Computing Services Lab in BUS 101 or send an email to Please include the following information:

    • First Name
    • Last Name
    • Date of Birth
    • Student ID Number
  6. How do I register for courses online in myUTTyler?

    Steps are included in the General Registration Tutorial available here.

  7. How do I view or obtain a copy of my class schedule?

    To obtain a copy of your schedule, select the myUTTyler link from UT Tyler's website ( To login successfully, you will need to know your Patriot Account user name and password. Once you have logged in, choose the Student Home Page link and choose the Student Center link on the right side of the page. Choose Class Schedule in the drop down box in the Academics section of Student Center and click the Go button (the double right arrows). You may then print the schedule from your browser. You can also visit the Enrollment Service Center (ADM 230) and bring a photo ID with you.

  8. What is my 'Catalog Year' and can I change it?

    Please reference our website for information about your Catalog Year.

  9. How do I change my Major, Minor or Sub-Plan?

    If a student desires to change from one major, minor or sub-plan to another, they must complete either a Change of Major (majors and sub-plans) or Change of Minor form. These forms are available at the Enrollment Service Center (STE 230) or online. Each College has a separate Change of Major form. Academic Advisor approval is required.

    If a student desires to change from one graduate program to another graduate program, the student must complete the relevant form provided by the Office of Graduate Studies.

  10. What is an emphasis/specialization?

    At UT Tyler areas of emphasis / specializations refer to teacher certification tracks or other types of special optional tracks associated with specific majors and minors. For example, the News Editorial or Public Relations options available to Mass Communication students fall under this category.

  11. Does my major require me to have a Minor or emphasis / specialization?

    Only certain degrees require a minor or emphasis / specialization. Students should reference the Catalogand speak with their Academic Advisor to find out if they are required to have a minor or emphasis/specialization.

    Students who are not required to have a minor or emphasis/specialization, but wish to add one to their degree plan, should consult with their Academic Advisor about how the additional hours will affect their time to graduation, overall credit hour requirements, and programs such as Timely Graduation Contracts or the Tuition Rebate for Qualified Undergraduate Students.

  12. Can I have a double major or pursue two degrees concurrently?

    Yes, students are allowed to pursue a single degree with a double major or two degrees concurrently. Full policy details area available in the Catalog.

  13. What is Grade Replacement and how do I file?

    Please reference our website or the current Catalog for information about grade replacement.

  14. What is Census Date and why is it important?

    Please reference our website for information about the Census Date.

  15. How can I obtain verification of enrollment?

    Requests for loan deferments and enrollment verification can be placed through the National Student Clearinghouse. to request a loan deferment or enrollment verification.

    Please note: Loan deferments and enrollment verification can be processed only after the Census Date each semester.

    The Census Date for each semester can be found on the Academic Calendar.

  16. How do I change my name?

    To change your name, complete a Request to Change Student Record Information form which is available at the Enrollment Service Center (STE 230) or on our website, following the guidelines posted on the Name Changes website.

    *Different name change guidelines apply to international students and all University employees, including student workers.

  17. How do I change my address?

    Students may change their address online via their Student Center in the myUTTyler system.

  18. How do I file for graduation?

    To file for graduation, please take the following steps detailed here.

    Please note that Final Filing Deadlines, as listed on the Academic Calendar, will apply.

  19. How do I obtain an official transcript?

    Requests for official transcripts can be placed through the National Student Clearinghouse.

    The release of your transcript is subject to any holds you may have on your record.

    If you prefer to pick up your transcript in person, transcripts are available at the Enrollment Services Center (STE 230) between the hours of 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., Monday - Friday. Photo ID is required.

  20. How do I drop or withdraw from a course or courses?

    Detailed information about withdrawals can be found here.

    Please note that all withdrawals from the first day of classes through the last day to withdraw are now processed exclusively via the online drop portal.

21. What is the difference between a session and a term?

UT Tyler has three academic terms each year: Fall, Spring, and Summer. Each of these terms is composed of multiple academic sessions, the majority of which run for only a portion of the term they are associated with. Examples of sessions include the 7-week sessions used by the School of Nursing and other programs, Summer I and II open to all programs, or the 6-week sessions used by final year Pharmacy students. 

Each academic session has its own unique dates as defined on the Academic Calendar and Tuition & Fee Refund Schedule. 

Students complete coursework, earn grades, and are billed separately for each session.

Some items/policies are based on academic terms, not individual sessions, and as such are calculated/run/awarded only at the conclusion of the relevant term. Examples of such items include academic standing, inclusion on the Dean's List, or eligibility for the conferral of a degree.