Office of the Registrar
Audits may only be processed during the period from the first day of courses to the Census Date of each term.
As Audits differ significantly from regular enrollments, individuals should be aware of the following characteristics of Audited courses:
- An automatic grade of 'AU – Audit' will be assigned at the time of registration
- Courses with the 'AU' grade cannot be dropped once added
- Courses with the 'AU' grade do not earn academic credit
- Courses with the 'AU' grade do not qualify students for advanced standing examinations
- Participation in class activities is at the sole discretion of the instructor
- Audit fees are non-refundable and are based on the total credit hours of Audited courses
- 1-3 hours = $50
- 4-6 hours = $100
- 7-9 hours = $150
- 10-12 hours = $200
- Certain courses are ineligible for Audit registration including, but not limited to:
- Any course offered on an individual instruction basis
- Any course requiring the use of laboratories, computers or studio spaces
- Faculty led travel courses
- All courses offered through the Ben and Maytee Fisch College of Pharmacy
A student may Audit one or more courses by taking the following steps:
- New students must obtain an Audit Application from the One-Stop Service Center (OSC, STE 230); current students proceed to step two.
- Complete the Course Audit Request form available in the OSC. One form must be completed per course being audited.
- Obtain required signatures of the Instructor and either the Chair or Dean.
- To register, return the completed Course Audit Request form to the OSC in person at STE 230 or through your Patriots' email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Make payment of all applicable audit fees at the OSC.
Students who are residents of the State of Texas and are 65 years of age or older may claim an exemption from audit fees at the OSC at the time of registration.