ARP: Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund
As a part of the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 (ARP), University of Texas at Tyler students can apply for a grant to help with "expenses related to the disruption of campus operations due to COVID-19, such as tuition, food, housing, course materials, technology, healthcare and child-care expenses."
Per the Department of Education and UT System requirements, students must meet the following requirements:
- Students must be enrolled or have been enrolled in UT Tyler classes any time after March 13, 2020.
- Students must have incurred COVID-19 related expenditures in Cost of Attendance (COA) categories. (Tuition and Fees, Books and Education supplies, Housing, Food, Transportation, Healthcare or Childcare).
- Students must complete the application within the timeframe of September 13, 2021 to September 26, 2021.
- Student awarding will be prioritized based on students with the greatest financial need, such as Pell Grant recipients, FAFSA EFC or unmet Cost of Attendance Need.
- Limited funds are available, so students are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Funds will be awarded until UT Tyler's allocation of the HEERF III grant has been exhausted.
- Under current regulation DACA and International students are eligible for the HEERF III funds.
The application will be open to students for two weeks from September 13, 2021 to September 26, 2021. Students will be notified if they received an award within 1-2 weeks of application closing.
If a student is awarded, they will need to make sure they have selected their refund preference with BankMobile. UT Tyler has partnered with BankMobile Disbursements to deliver financial aid and other school refunds to UT Tyler students. Please follow BankMobile's instructions for selecting your preference:
- Visit RefundSelection.com
- Enter your personal code (arrived in a green envelope or via email)
- Make your choice today at refundselection.com
- Don't have a code? Visit RefundSelection.com and click on the "Need A Code?" link.
Note: Application does not open until 9/13/21