ARP: Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund
As a part of the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 (ARP), University of Texas at Tyler students can apply for a grant to help with "expenses related to the disruption of campus operations due to COVID-19, such as tuition, food, housing, course materials, technology, healthcare and child-care expenses."
Per the Department of Education and UT System requirements, students must meet the following requirements:
- Students must be enrolled or have been enrolled in UT Tyler classes any time after March 13, 2020.
- Students must have incurred COVID-19 related expenditures in Cost of Attendance (COA) categories. (Tuition and Fees, Books and Education supplies, Housing, Food, Transportation, Healthcare or Childcare).
- Fall application period: Students must complete the application within the timeframe of September 13, 2021 to September 26, 2021.
- Spring application period: Student must complete the application within the timeframe of February 28, 2022 to March 6, 2022
- Student awarding will be prioritized based on students with the greatest financial need, such as Pell Grant recipients, FAFSA EFC or unmet Cost of Attendance Need.
- Limited funds are available, so students are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Funds will be awarded until UT Tyler's allocation of the HEERF III grant has been exhausted.
- Under current regulation DACA and International students are eligible for the HEERF III funds. Detailed breakdown of awarding amounts is available here: UT Tyler Methodology.
- The Fall application will be open to students for two weeks from September 13, 2021 to September 26, 2021. Students will be notified if they received an award within 1-2 weeks of application closing.
- Any remaining funds will be awarded in the Spring 2022 semester. The Spring application will be open for one week, February 28, 2022 to March 6, 2022. Students will be notified if they received an award within 1-2 weeks of application closing. Higher consideration will be given to students who did not receive an initial fall 2021 award and students awarding will be prioritized based on students with the greatest financial need, such as Pell Grant recipients, FAFSA EFC or unmet Cost of Attendance Need.
If a student is awarded, they will need to make sure they have selected their refund preference with BankMobile. UT Tyler has partnered with BankMobile Disbursements to deliver financial aid and other school refunds to UT Tyler students. Please follow BankMobile's instructions for selecting your preference:
- Visit RefundSelection.com
- Enter your personal code (arrived in a green envelope or via email)
- Make your choice today at refundselection.com
- Don't have a code? Visit RefundSelection.com and click on the "Need A Code?" link.
Note: Spring 2022 Application will be open for 1 week only February 28 to March 6
Updated: February 18, 2022