CRRSAA: Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund
As a part of the Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2021 (CRRSAA), University of Texas at Tyler students can apply for a grant to help with "expenses related to the disruption of campus operations due to COVID-19, such as tuition, food, housing, course materials, technology, healthcare and child-care expenses."
Per the Department of Education and UT System requirements, students must meet the following requirements:
- Students must be actively enrolled at The University of Texas at Tyler for the current term of enrollment.
- Students with the highest financial need, such as Pell Grant recipients, will be prioritized for awards.
- Limited funds are available, so students are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Funds will be awarded until UT Tyler's allocation of the HEERF II grant has been exhausted.
- Under current regulation DACA and International students are not eligible for the HEERF funds.
The application was open to students for three weeks from March 1, 2021 to March 19,
2021. After the three weeks the application was closed and applicants are now being
evaluated and awarded with a priority being place on students with the greatest need,
such as PELL eligible students. Students will be notified if they received an award
within 1-2 weeks of application closing.
If a student is awarded, they will need to make sure they have selected their refund preference with BankMobile. UT Tyler has partnered with BankMobile Disbursements to deliver financial aid and other school refunds to UT Tyler students. Please follow BankMobile's instructions for selecting your preference:
- Visit RefundSelection.com
- Enter your personal code (arrived in a green envelope or via email)
- Make your choice today at refundselection.com
- Don't have a code? Visit RefundSelection.com and click on the "Need A Code?" link.
*Important Note: The application is now closed and all available HEERF II student
funds have been allocated to eligible recipients. This is the final quarterly posting
and it covers all remaining HEERF II student fund expenditures.
Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund Reporting - Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students
- The University of Texas at Tyler has signed and returned to the Department the Certification
and Agreement and the assurance that the institution has used, or intends to use,
no less than the required amount of funds received to provide HEERF II grants to students.
- The Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund II (HEERF II) is authorized by the Coronavirus
Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2021 (CRRSAA), Public Law 116-260,
signed on Dec. 27, 2020.
- The University of Texas at Tyler will receive approximately $2,597,305 from the HEERF
II funds reserved of use for student emergency grants.
- The total amount of funds that the institution will receive or has received from the
Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund II [for] Emergency Financial Aid Grants to
- The total amount of Emergency Financial Aid Grants distributed to students under Section
18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act as of the date of submission (i.e., as of the 30-day
Report and every 45 days thereafter): $2,597,305
- The estimated total number of students at the institution eligible to receive Emergency
Financial Aid Grants to students from the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund II:
- The total number of students who have received an Emergency Financial Aid Grant to
students from the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund II: 687
- The method(s) used by the institution to determine which students receive Emergency
Financial Aid Grants and how much they would receive under from the Higher Education
Emergency Relief Fund II: UT Tyler Methodology
- Additional instructions, directions, and guidance provided by the institution to students:
Updated: June 3, 2021