UT System Student Regent & THECB Representative Opportunity
The Student Government Association serves as a recognized forum for student opinion at The University of Texas at Tyler. SGA helps identify students who are interested in applying to become a student representative for the Texas Higher Education Coordinator Board or for the Board of Regents for The University of Texas System. Students enrolled at an institution within The University of Texas System are eligible to apply and serve as a representative.
Only one student will be selected for each position and is appointed by the Governor of Texas. Terms begin June 1 to May 31. Students that are selected will be a non-voting member and advocate for all students that are members of The University of Texas System.
Requirements for Eligibility
- Must remain enrolled at the institution throughout the person's term
- Must be enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student
- Must be “in good standing” as certified by the registrar’s office
- Commit to fulfill all minimum time commitments for a UT System Student Regent during the term of service. Click here for more information regarding time commitment.
- Maintain a state-wide perspective on higher education (as opposed to representing any single college or university)
- A 2.5 grade point average on a 4.0 scale must be maintained to continue eligibility
- Complete the Application Assistance form – Optional but Highly Recommended
- Students who complete the Application Assistance form will have an opportunity to review the application with the SGA advisor prior to submission.
- Conduct practice interviews with professional staff
- Meet with SGA Recommendation Committee
- Submit Completed applications by November 1st to the Student Government Association Office (UC 3400) or e-mail email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Completed applications will be reviewed by the SGA recommendation committee before being submitted to the president of the university.
THECB Student Representative:
UT System Student Regent:
For more information about this opportunity and others please contact the SGA Advisor at email@example.com or visit the UT System website for more information.