UT Tyler Student Organizations
Request Space on Campus
Are you a student organization that wants to host a meeting or event on campus? Here are the steps to request to hold and event/request space on campus:
1) Make sure that you are a registered student organization for the current semester
2) Verify that your event follows the appropriate guidelines for student organization events
3) Complete and submit the appropriate forms needed for your event
You may expedite the process by first checking our Astra scheduling system to see if the space you would like to request is available for your event date/time. View the Astra scheduling system user guide below.
Astra Scheduling System User Guide
Astra is the scheduling system used to schedule events on campus. You can use this feature to view rooms, capacity limits for each space, room set-up, and view schedules to see which spaces are available by date and time.
To use Astra
From the Astra home page, select the 'calendars' tab
You will then have 3 separate viewing options: Activity Calendar, Scheduling Calendars, and Available Rooms.
Activity Calendar: this feature will allow you to see activities that are occurring in the spaces you select
- Filter your search by selecting 'Calendar Search' on the left side of the screen
- Under 'Location Filters' you can select a specific campus by clicking on the + sign (i.e. Main
- You may also filter a specific building, room, etc.
- In 'Event Filters' be sure to click the box that says 'Include Events' to view all events occurring in that space
- Once your filter settings are complete, click 'Search'
Scheduling Calendars: this feature will allow you to see available spaces by day, week, or month
- You may edit your search by clicking the green 'Edit Search Filter' on the right side of the screen
- Once your filters are set, you will see a list of spaces on the left side of the screen
- Click on a specific room/space to see the schedule of events for that room/space for the time frame selected
- A room/space that appears in red indicates that it is in use during any part of the time frame. It does not necessarily mean that the space is unavailable for the time frame you have selected.
Available Rooms: this feature will allow you to check availability for an event for a specific location
- Enter your event information by clicking on the green 'Add New' button underneath the Meetings tab
- Enter the information requested, then click OK
- In the 'Locations' section, edit the information for the space you are looking for by clicking on the pencil under the 'Edit' column
- DO NOT edit the Room section; please use one of the other search tools if you are looking for a specific room
- Once you have finished the filters in the 'Locations' section, click the green 'Search' button to reveal the available options