UT Tyler Student Money Management
Having good credit is important for so many reasons. It can affect your buying a car, house, or even getting a job. It’s never too early to have your own credit card as long as you know how to use it responsibly. Read tips and suggestions below about owning your own credit card and healthy ways to build up your credit score.
- Calculate New Worth Worksheet (.pdf)
- Credit Under Control? (.pdf)
- Debt to Income Ratio Formula (.pdf)
- Debt Load Worksheet (.pdf)
- Student Credit Cards
Buying your first car? Looking to trade in your old car for a new one? Here are some great tips and resources to help you get started.
Whether you are renting or buying a home, it is important to do your research to make sure you are making the right decision.
- Are You Ready to Buy a Home?
- Practical Money Skills: Buying a Home
- Get Rich Slowly: Home & Mortgage
- Home Equity Loans and Credit Lines
- Mortgage Shopping Worksheet
- My First Apartment
If you are looking for more complex information regarding money management, savings, or budgeting, the following links are available to assist you with building a strong credit history.
Credit Reports & Credit Scores
- Is a Credit Card Right for Your College Student
- 15 Signs of Serious Debt Trouble
- Managing Your Debt
- What You Need to Know About Establishing Credit