Finance BBA Degree
UT Tyler Department of Accounting, Finance & Business Law
Students completing the finance major should be able to:
- Understand the organizational environment and related agency issues within which financial managers operate.
- Analyze financial statement data for an enterprise to assess liquidity, asset utilization, debt management, profitability and rewards of ownership.
- Estimate fund requirements for an enterprise.
- Recognize the structure and functioning of financial markets.
- Differentiate between the risks, costs, and availability of various methods used to acquire short-term and long-term funds.
- Understand the critical variables determining the cost of capital.
- Measure the risk and return associated with various asset alternatives, and choose between competing investments options.
- Incorporate quantitative decision skills and the use of the computer in solving financial problems.
- Recognize major evolving issues in finance.