The University of Texas at Tyler
Department of Chemistry
Why study chemistry at The University of Texas at Tyler?
- Numerous career choices. With a bachelor's degree in chemistry from UT Tyler, you will be well prepared for advanced studies and successful careers in industry, the medical field, government and education. Each chemistry degree option at UT Tyler is approved by the American Chemical Society, and you will graduate as an ACS-certified chemist.
- Very high acceptance rate (90%) for professional schools. Get a solid foundation to transition seamlessly into a school of medicine, dentistry, pharmacy, veterinary medicine or other specialized professional program.
- Access to state-of-the-art instruments and facilities, including several teaching and research labs and computer labs with the latest chemistry software.
- A variety of undergraduate degrees and research opportunities. Choose from chemistry, biochemistry and chemistry teacher certification options, plus get involved in research related to your studies.
- The Student Chapter of the American Chemical Society at UT Tyler has been nationally honored by the American Chemical Society for the past 13 years ... and counting.
- Student-centered professors. Our faculty of experts care about each student and are focused on student success.
For information about the bachelor of science in chemistry, visit the undergraduate programs page.