Parking and Transportation
Scheduling & Conference Services
Reserved parking for your campus event can now be requested by UT Tyler faculty and staff via our online event scheduling system, Astra. The University of Texas at Tyler Campus Police are the schedulers of this resource and reserves the right to decline/approve requests.
- There is a 10-day lead time for requests to reserve parking.
- For the first 2 Weeks of each fall/spring semester, NO reserved parking requests will be approved.
How Do I Request Reserved Parking?
- In conjunction with an event/space request: Complete the appropriate event request form in Astra answering all questions pertaining to your parking needs.
- Event already scheduled in Astra: Log into Astra and use the Parking – FAC-STAFF Requester form. A quick video tutorial on how to complete this form can be found here.
- Event in a Location not yet in Astra: Log into Astra and use the Parking – FAC-STAFF Requester form. A quick video tutorial on how to complete this form can be found here.
Alumni House Parking?
A maximum of 22 parking spaces can be reserved for Alumni House events occurring Monday – Thursday from 8:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Do I Need to Reserve Parking for my Evening/Weekend Event?
What if I Need to Reserve More than 50 Spaces? Can I combine Parking Lots?
It will be up to UT Tyler Campus Police, but probably no more than 50 spaces will be reserved.
Reserving the shuttle buses for your approved student events can now be requested by faculty and staff via our online scheduling system, Astra. Event Management is responsible for scheduling shuttle bus requests. It is the departments responsibility to ensure a driver is available from a contracted vendor.
New Driver Request and Payment Process
Click here to view the new process.
How Do I Request a Shuttle Bus?
- Log into Astra and use the Transportation for Students – Fac-Staff Requester. A quick video tutorial on how to complete this form can be found here.
- Complete student travel forms found in the MOPP Chapter 13 and submit to Student Affairs.
- If student travel forms are not approved prior to travel, your shuttle bus request may be cancelled.
How Do I Request a Driver?
- Once your vehicle request is scheduled, Event Management will provide event details to our contracted vendor who will determine driver availability.
- It is your responsibility to ensure a driver is available, obtain a quote, and create a purchase order. Contact information for the vendor can be found on the request form in Astra.
- There is a possibility that no driver will be available. Please notify Event Management when a driver has been confirmed or if you need to cancel the use of a shuttle bus.
How Much Does it Cost to Use a Shuttle Bus?
- There is no cost associated with renting the shuttle bus for student travel.
- Drivers are $45/hour/bus for (in town) trips and $55/hour/bus for (out of town) trips.
- Will need to pay for fuel.