UT TylerWork-Study Programs
The work-study programs provide part-time employment in community service areas, reading and math tutor programs, or the various departments of the University to undergraduate and graduate students. Work-study awards are dependent on the student being hired, completing student worker orientation, and completing an employment packet with the Human Resources Office. Student workers may work up to 19 hours a week, but not exceed the full amount of the semester award. Student employees are paid twice monthly for the actual hours worked. Department supervisors will approve the hours for each payroll amount. Work-study awards will not show as a credit on the student account. Work-study awards will not disburse or pay toward any outstanding balance on the student account.
Directions for searching and applying for a job through the work-study program can be found on the UT Tyler Career Services website (select "On Campus Student Employment").
- Student must complete the FAFSA for the current academic year.
- Student must add name and student id number on the work-study wait list
- The list will be reviewed by the Financial Aid Office for award eligibility.
- Award notices (or revised award notices) will be sent to the Patriot email account.
- The award must be accepted or declined on myUTTyler.
- The student will submit verification of work-study award amount to the hiring department.
- (Log in to myUTTyler>Student Center>View Financial Aid link>Select current year>Print Award Summary) The student and supervisor must sign a Work-Study Agreement.
- The supervisor will submit a work-study appointment for approval.
- Work-study timesheets must be completed by the student for each payroll period. Timesheets are submitted to the department supervisor. Supervisors will enter the approved time for payroll. Copies of timesheets must be faxed to the Financial Aid Office.
Additional information and forms for departments:
Updated Work-Study Procedures
Work-Study Procedures: To be read by departments prior to hiring work-study students.
Work-Study Agreement: To be signed by the student and supervisor. This form must be submitted to the Financial Aid Office prior to appointment and payroll approval.
Work-Study Time Sheet: A copy of the official work-study time sheet must be submitted to the Financial Aid Office the 1st and 16th of each month.