UT Tyler Office of Marketing and Communications
UT Tyler ‘Back-to-School’ Parking TipsFollow @UTTyler
Tweet - @UTTyler
August 16, 2013
Media Contact: Hannah Buchanan
Public Affairs Specialist
Marketing and Communications
The University of Texas at Tyler
903.565.5769 or 903.539.7196 (cell)
August 16, 2013
Welcome to the 2013-14 academic year at The University of Texas at Tyler!
We feel very confident that the parking situation this year will be much better than last year. We’ve worked diligently to alleviate some of the stress that comes with parking during this time of the year.
- New parking lot added at the east side of campus (near the UT Tyler R. Don Cowan Fine and Performing Arts Center).
- Restriped parking lots to gain additional spaces. More than 400 spaces have been added.
To fully appreciate these parking enhancements, each student must have realistic expectations about parking on campus. You may have to park and take a short walk across campus to your building, but with proper planning, this will not be a problem.
- Plan to arrive 30 minutes to an hour before your class begins. This should allow adequate time to find a parking spot and find your class. You may have to park in a lot that is not adjacent to the building in which you’ll take a class.
- Familiarize yourself with the campus map. Learn the parking lots and building names. This will make it easier to get to and from the parking lots and the buildings.
- Parking lots 15 and 18 (accessible from Lake Drive off of University Boulevard/Spur 248) are typically underutilized, so consider these when you arrive. Why not arrive early, park quickly and have time to stop for coffee or something to eat before class.
- Pay attention to campus security, who will be available to direct you to lots where parking is available.