UT Tyler Office of Marketing and Communications
UT Tyler Announces Core Curriculum Changes
April 7, 2014
Marketing and Communications
The University of Texas at Tyler
903.566.7303 or 903.330.0495 (cell)
Beginning fall 2014, The University of Texas at Tyler will offer a new core curriculum, Dr. William Geiger, vice provost, announced.
UT Tyler has updated its core curriculum to comply with new requirements from the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board.
As a result, UT Tyler students will see the following changes:
- Fall 2014 first-time freshmen will follow the new core curriculum.
- Transfer students who have completed courses that count in a core component area at the institution from which they transfer will receive credit for those courses upon transferring to UT Tyler. Any incomplete core curriculum component areas will follow the new core curriculum.
- Returning students who have not completed all core curriculum component areas will have the option to elect the new core curriculum or remain with their existing core.
All students should consult academic advisers for information on how core curriculum courses align with specific degree plans.
For more information, contact:
- Office of Registrar, email@example.com or
- Office of Academic Advising, firstname.lastname@example.org.
One of the 15 campuses of the UT System, UT Tyler features excellence in teaching, research, artistic performance and community service. More than 80 undergraduate and graduate degrees are available at UT Tyler, which has an enrollment of more than 7,500 high-ability students. UT Tyler offers courses at its campuses in Tyler, Longview and Palestine as well as a location in Houston.