UT Tyler Recreational Sports
Enriching Campus Life Through Fitness, Wellness and Recreational Activities
The University of Texas at Tyler Department of Recreational Sports enhances student life and campus wellness through a variety of activities and programs for students, faculty, staff and alumni.
Explore UT Tyler recreational sports programs and choose to get involved. Fitness, wellness and recreational activities are offered in these 5 pillars:
- The fitness program features Tyler’s best fitness facilities, equipment, classes and personal training, providing great opportunities to improve your physical well-being.
- Intramurals present competitive opportunities in individual, dual and team sports. Several tournaments, leagues and special events are scheduled each semester.
- The UT Tyler Outdoor Adventures program provides recreational opportunities outside the realm of traditional competitive sports. The traditional outdoor events of hiking, paddling, rock climbing and cycling are included, along with non-traditional events like paintball, skydiving and zip lining.
- The club sports program features instructional, recreational and competitive sports activities. Events include practice sessions and competitions against similar groups from other colleges and universities.
- Wellness education provides valuable information on wellness topics throughout the academic year. Free lunches with wellness speakers are held monthly for the campus community. UT Tyler faculty and staff also benefit from Living Welll, a wellness initiative sponsored by The University of Texas System.
|Volunteering East Texas Food Bank 8:15 a.m.|
|Panhellenic Delegate Meetings Student Life & Leadership 5:30pm|
|Panhellenic Executive Meetings Student Life & Leadership 12:30pm|
|Campus Activities Board Meeting UC 3422 7 p.m. |
|Student Organization Showcase TBA 11:30 a.m.|
|Evolution of a Black Girl UC Theater 7 p.m.|