OU Campus Training and Support
Insert / Editing Links
New to version 10 at UT Tyler is the Dependency Manager. The Dependency Manager manages links among files helping to preserve the correct link association when files or directories are moved, deleted or renamed. Changed links can now be updated automatically when a link is moved or renamed. More information about Dependency Manager.
The Link URL tool provides the basic functionality to add a hyperlink within the WYSIWYG Editor.
- To add a link to a page, highlight the information you wish to link:
select the link button .
- Navigate to the file you wish to link to within the Link URL box.
- To adhere to W3C guidelines, keep the Target to "Open in This Window/Frame", opening new windows and tabs ONLY when necessary. More information from W3C.
- Next, navigate to the link in your folder you wish to link to. With Dependency Manager, this step CANNOT be skipped. Select the page you wish to link to, select Insert.
NOTE: Pages must be published to the production server before you will see the .php file in the list.
Remember: Just typing the URL into the Link URL field will NOT associate that page to the page dependency. ONLY paste a URL into the Link URL field when the link is not associated with OU Campus.
- Your link is now active:
- Once a page has been published to the server, always remember to check the page, including new links.
- (To add an email link, select the Email envelope, add the email address)
- If you are adding a link to a PDF file you wish to upload, you will open your "files" folder, then select "upload". From there, you will link to your PDF file. More information about uploading files.
- Links should never be styled with color. This is incorrect:
To correct the issue, highlight your text:
Select the"Remove Formatting" button, save and publish:
This should clean up the coding for the link.