OU Campus Training and Standards
How to Rename a File
Please note. For Search Engine purposes, renaming a file is not recommended, unless very careful precaution is made. Please work with the UT Tyler Web Team prior to renaming files.
Pages can periodically end up with the wrong file name. To rename a Web page:
- Click on the "Content" tab.
- Find the page you wish to rename.
- Check out the file you wish to rename.
- Mouse of "File", select "Rename".
- Rename the new file name in the "Enter new file name box" by typing OVER the previous
file name keeping .pcf in place. See Site Architecture and Naming
NOTE: Changing a page name already indexed in your website could potentially cause broken links across the website and in the search engines. ONLY use this option when absolutely necessary.
ALWAYS make sure every link within your site is using Dependency Tags.
For more details, see Renaming documentation.