OU Campus Training and Standards
The Versions screen includes the ability to revert a page to a previous version, restoring the version in OU Campus.
Reverting to a Version
- Navigate to the Versions menu for a page by one of the following:
Navigate to the Pages List and check out the desired file. Hover over the Review menu for the file, and select Versions.
Select the checked out page and use the page actions toolbar to select the Versions button.
- From the Versions screen, hover over the menu bar for the desired version and select
Also, a user may also hover over the file and click View to preview that version of the page in preview or source mode. A user may also preview the page once already in the revert confirmation dialog.
- The confirmation dialog is shown. A user may preview the selected version by selecting
the linked version number in the dialog, or a user may revert immediately without
- Select Revert. The success message shows to which version the page has been reverted.
- check out the page to edit or publish the page as necessary.
Remember: After reverting a file, if you wish to publish that copy to the Web, you
must publish the file to make it live. Simply reverting the file does not publish
the file without your explicit permission. Should the user or individual file require
approval, the file will be passed along the intended approval path before it can be
It is not good practice to revert a page, then leave it on the server without publishing.
For more details, see Revert Overview documentation.