UT Tyler Web Publishing Standards
Typography and Fonts
Searchability of text on UT Tyler Web pages is of utmost importance. It is important to develop your page using machine-readable text (HTML text). Avoid uploading graphics/images as content for the page. Building machine-readable text pages will assure content is accessible and aid search engines in the effective indexing of the content of your pages
- The template font is pre-set. Bold font should be used sparingly.
- ALL caps and overuse of bold should be avoided along with exclamation marks.
- Use H1 and H2 headings only at the top of each page.
- Avoid specifying fixed pixel sizes for your fonts.
- Keep all text left-aligned.
- Avoid erroneous code into the HTML editor.
- Remove extra spacing between paragraphs.
- Use text links to link back to other pages or outside links.
- The font colors used in the templates are preset and should never be overwritten.
- Please avoid centered text.
- Do not use the "heading" options to style a paragraph.
- The default is left-aligned text.
NOTE: It is not acceptable to use style tags to work around the UT Tyler CSS (Style Sheet).