UT Tyler Graduate Nursing
Masters of Science in Nursing Informatics, Quality & Safety (MSN-IQS)
The Masters of Science in Nursing Informatics, Quality & Safety (MSN-IQS)* program prepares the baccalaureate or higher degree-prepared nurse to serve as the essential link between health care technology, information systems, as well as clinicians, providers, and consumers. Through a competency-based practicum, practical skills in three areas will be developed:
- Quality Improvement
- Data analysis
- Information systems selection, implementation, and optimization
The UT Tyler Nursing Informatics, Quality & Safety MSN program is mapped to the ANCC Test Plan for Board Certification in Informatics Nursing, HIMSS CAHIMS certification, AANC Essentials, and the Quality and Safety Education for Nurses (QSEN) competencies.
Our MSN-IQS degree is designed for the working registered nurse:
- Online access provides student-friendly format and flexible schedule.
- Thorough preparation for the ANCC certification exam.
- Sound basis for future doctoral studies or for career advancement.
- Experienced informatics nurse specialist faculty dedicated to the success of every student.
What our students are saying
Click here to check out what our students have to say about their experience and learning in the NIQS certificate program—the courses in the certificate program are the specialty courses for the MSN degree program.
Graduates fill many positions in
- Healthcare facilities and organizations
- Consulting firms
- Vendor organization
- Government facilities