Psychology & Counseling
Amy Hayes, Ph.D.
Title: Assistant Professor of Psychology
Department: Psychology & Counseling
Building: HPR 210
- Ph. D. University of Texas at Austin
- M.A. University of Texas at Austin
- B. A. Washington and Lee University
- PSYC 4353- Developmental Psychology
- PSYC 2331- Research Methods
Professional and Research Interests:
Generally, I am interested in the development of social stereotyping and prejudice,
specifically as it relates to attitudes about gender and race. My research focuses
on how the development of stereotypes affects educational and occupational outcomes
(e.g., occupational goals, academic interests, school performance, career development)
throughout the lifespan for disadvantaged groups and underrepresented minorities.