The Graduate School
All forms may be sent via fax to 903.566.7492, or by mail to:
The Office of Graduate Admissions ADM 345
The University of Texas at Tyler
3900 University Blvd
Tyler Texas 75799
Find registration, graduation, and name change forms at the UT Tyler Registrar's Forms Library
Change of Program Form To change to another program, this form must be signed by both program advisors and returned to Graduate Admissions
Core Residency Form If an applicant or student is classified as a nonresident and wishes to be reclassified as a resident, it is necessary to submit the Core Residency Form. This is used to determine if you will pay in-state or out-of-state tuition rates. After printing out and completing the Core Residency Question Form, please submit it to Graduate Admissions. Attempts on the part of a nonresident student to evade the nonresident fee are a serious matter and may lead to disciplinary action, including expulsion and/or penalty as set forth in the law.
Graduate Transfer Credit Approval Form Transfer credit must be approved by the program advisor by completing this form and submitting it to Graduate Admissions ADM 345
Transient Approval Form for UT Tyler Graduate Students After the student is admitted to UT Tyler, he or she should not register for any course(s) at any other institution until approval is granted. Approval by the student's Advisor, Department Chair, Dean and the University Registrar is required to assure that the courses taken at another institution will count toward the student's degree. A student should not register at another institution until the request for graduate transient admission form has been completed and approved. Submit completed forms to Graduate Admissions ADM 345.
Transient Approval Form for non-UT Tyler Graduate Students Students pursuing degrees at other colleges and universities who wish to take courses at the University may be admitted as a transient student. If you are not a current student at another college or university, you are not eligible for transient admission at UT Tyler. A transient application is valid for one semester. Transient students remain on a transient hold while at UT Tyler. Submit completed forms to Graduate Admissions ADM 345. Transient students cannot enroll online; the Enrollment Services Center will enroll you in the course(s) listed on your transient approval form.
You will need to submit a new approval form each semester; you will not need to reapply unless you have not attended UT Tyler for 3 consecutive semesters.
A transient student who later wishes to be admitted to the University on a regular basis must apply for admission as a graduate student and meet all admission requirements. Students who are admitted are immediately subject to the University's academic regulations.
- Go to www.applytexas.org
- After creating a username/password and filling out your profile, log in and
- Select: Start a New Application
- Select: Create a new graduate school admissions application
- Target University: University of Texas at Tyler
- Application Type: Graduate US
- Semester of Entry: select appropriate semester
- Select: continue
- Select your major under the correct GRADUATE College
- Under GRADUATE - Office of Graduate Studies, select your major: No Degree Sought (Graduate)
- On Question 3 on page 2 of the application select TRANSIENT as your specialization
- Application Fee: The graduate transient application fee is $40.
- Complete the entire Graduate Transient Approval Form and submit to Graduate Admissions ADM 345. Incomplete forms cannot be processed.
- PREREQUISITES: If the course you desire to take has prerequisites, you must supply a copy of a transcript showing that you have met the requirements. Check the UT Tyler Catalog for prerequisites.