Department of Health and Kinesiology
Effectively Preparing You for a Wide Variety of Careers Related to Health, Education, Exercise and Science, Athletic Training, Fitness and Other Fields.
The Department of Health and Kinesiology offers undergraduate degrees in Health, Health and Kinesiology and Kinesiology and graduate degrees in Health and Kinesiology, Kinesiology and Health Sciences. Our degree programs offer a solid foundation in all aspects of Health and Kinesiology.
Graduates of our programs have moved directly into careers in various areas of health care, teaching, coaching, athletic training, business and research. Still others have used our programs as preparation for further education in graduate or professional schools.
- 100% passing rate on Physical Education Teaching Exam
- 1st Accelerated BS to MS degree in Kinesiology (both degrees in 5 years)
- "Staying Connected" Summer Semester Online Program: offering over 25 courses online to help students graduate within 4 years!
- Student/faculty research teams presented 09 scholarly papers at State and National Meetings and published 14 Journal articles in peer reviewed journals around the world in 2012 alone. A number of faculty members also won or have ongoing research grants thereby benefitting our students. Students also participate in local and state discipline-related conferences where they make presentations.
- Established the first Synchronous online MS Kinesiology program in the Country, offering online virtual teaching experiences
- Launching Study Abroad Program in 2013 for both undergraduate and graduate students.
- 14% increase in enrollment as a Department as whole
- 966% increase in enrollment in Graduate MS Kinesiology Program
New DegreeThe Master of Science in Health Sciences program is designed to prepare graduates to be effective leaders in the fields of health promotion and disease prevention. Read more
The Department of Health and Kinesiology is an official participant of the ACE Educatonal Partnership Program. Read More