Department of Health and Kinesiology
The University of Texas at Tyler
Preparing You for a Wide Variety of Careers Related to Health, Education, Exercise and Science, Athletic Training, Fitness and Other Fields.
The Department of Health and Kinesiology offers undergraduate degrees in Health, Health and Kinesiology and Kinesiology and graduate degrees in Health and Kinesiology, Kinesiology and Health Sciences. Our degree programs offer a solid foundation in all aspects of Health and Kinesiology.
Graduates of our programs have moved directly into careers in various areas of health care, teaching, coaching, athletic training, business and research. Still others have used our programs as preparation for further education in graduate or professional schools.
- 100% passing rate on Physical Education Teaching Exam
- 1st Accelerated BS to MS degree in Kinesiology (both degrees in 5 years)
- "Staying Connected” Summer Semester Online Program: offering over 25 courses online to help students graduate within 4 years!
- Student/faculty research teams presented 10 scholarly papers at State and National Meetings and submitted 4 manuscripts to peer reviewed journals for publication
- Established the first Synchronous online MS Kinesiology program in the Country, offering online virtual teaching experiences
- 14% increase in enrollment as a Department as whole
- 966% increase in enrollment in Graduate MS Kinesiology Program
The Lifespan Wellness Research Center
The Lifespan Wellness Research Center is both a facility and a program, designed to positively influence health-related behaviors of individuals affiliated with the University and the wider community. Find out more ...
The Patriot Academy
The Patriot Academy provides developmentally appropriate motor skill instruction for home-schooled children. In the process, the Academy serves as a lab for observation and instruction of kinesiology majors in the Department's teaching methods and motor development classes. Learn more ...