UT Tyler School of Nursing
Choose Your Degree
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Nursing RN-BSN Track - Offers the associate degree nurse and diploma registered nurse (RN) the opportunity to attain the BSN.
- Accelerated BSN Track - For students who have earned a baccalaureate or higher degree in a non-nursing field.
- Jarvis Christian College Partnership - Earn a bachelor of science degree from Jarvis Christian College in Hawkins, Texas, and a baccalaureate of science in nursing (BSN) from The University of Texas at Tyler.
What Sets Us Apart
- The RN-BSN track is rated No. 17 for Best Online Nursing Programs for 2015. Please
follow the link below and click on 50 Best Online Bachelor's in Nursing Programs.
SuperScholar - Best Online Nursing Programs
- Undergraduate nursing faculty won a national award:
Journal of Nursing Education’s Top Teaching Tools Award for 2010;“Medical Special Needs Shelter Orientation: Just-in-Time Online Training."
The University of Texas at Tyler has provided the highest quality undergraduate education since 1975 when the first class of RN-BSN students was admitted. In 1982 the generic BSN program admitted the first class of 24 students and has grown to admitting 160 highly qualified generic students each semester. Our students are very successful on the NCLEX exam for licensure and work in multiple sites across the nation.
The School of Nursing has two distance education sites in Longview and Palestine, Texas. The distance sites are fully functional University of Texas at Tyler campuses. The Baccalaureate Program is supported by a staff of full-time nursing faculty, lab personnel, and administrative support. The availability of three campuses affords students the opportunity to access their education without long commutes to a campus and clinical sites. Nursing pre-admission counselors are available on each campus to provide guidance in the admission process.