UT Tyler PASS Tutoring Center
The University of Texas at Tyler
Location: Library 401
Fall & Spring Walk-in Hours
4 - 8 p.m. Sunday
Noon - 10 p.m. Monday - Thursday
11 a.m. - 4 p.m. Friday
*Summer walk-in hours are limited.
The PASS (Patriot Academic Success Services) Tutoring Center is a free walk-in tutoring center, with an individual appointment option, for current UT Tyler students. Currently support for 28 courses is being offered in a variety of subjects. The subject areas and courses were chosen from a report showing the courses with historically high failure and withdrawal rates at UT Tyler.
For appointments: Please call or email the tutoring center with the course name and number you wish to be tutored in as well as the preferred appointment availability (within the time frame of our open office hours) and you will be contacted. When visiting the center, make sure to bring your textbook and any notes you may have, so the tutors can best serve you.
Current Course Support
- Principles of Financial Accounting – ACCT 2301
- Principles of Managerial Accounting – ACCT 2302*
- Accounting for Management Control – ACCT 5320*
- Anatomy & Physiology I - BIOL 2301
- Anatomy & Physiology II - BIOL 2302
- General Chemistry I – CHEM 1311
- General Chemistry II – CHEM 1312
- Organic Chemistry I – CHEM 3342
- Organic Chemistry II – CHEM 3344
- Statics – ENGR 2301
- Dynamics – ENGR 2302
- Thermodynamics I & II – MENG 3301* & MENG 3304*
- Dynamics of Machinery – 3303*
- Mechanics of Materials – 3306*
- Fluid Mechanics – MENG 3310*
- Heat Transfer – MENG 3316*
- Calculus I – MATH 2413
- Calculus II – MATH 2414
- Pathophysiology of Acute Care – NURS 3303*
- College Physics I – PHYS 1301
- College Physics II – PHYS 1302
- University Physics I – PHYS 2325
- University Physics II – PHYS 2326
*Tutoring available online through Zoom.
*Online tutoring available for select subjects.