Fourth Year Students Pharmacy Student Financial Aid Eligibility

Financial Aid Information for The Ben and Maytee Fisch College of Pharmacy

Fourth Year

Fourth Year Students Pharmacy Student Financial Aid Eligibility

Summer P4 Start - Due to the P4 year beginning in the Summer term prior to your last Fall and Spring semesters in the program, that summer term is a part of the previous P3 academic year as it pertains to financial aid eligibility.

  • What this means is that, if a student has already received the maximum $33,000 in Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loan in the P3 Fall and Spring semesters, students will only be able to offered an Estimated Graduate PLUS Loan funding for the Summer term P4 start.

Sessions have three start dates, one for Session1, one for Session 2 and one for Session 3 for the Fall and Spring semesters where as there are only two session starts in the Summer semester.

  • If you register for one six-credit-hour course in Session 1 and another six-credit-hour course in Session 2 or Session 3 if applicable, you will meet the minimum credit hour requirements.

Fall/Spring Semesters of the Fourth Year (P4)

Students will be offered an Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loan offer no more than $33,000 for an academic year (fall and spring) and an Estimated Graduate PLUS Loan in the amount that remains of the cost of attendance after the unsubsidized loan is awarded. The yearly award will consist of two disbursements (one at the beginning of the Fall and one at the beginning of Spring) for students enrolled in at least six credit hours within each term.

Students who are interested in taking out the Graduate PLUS Loan, will need to complete the following steps:

  • If you are determined to have an adverse credit history, you may still receive a Direct Graduate PLUS Loan if you obtain an endorser who does not have an adverse credit history OR if you document to the Department of Education's satisfaction that there are extenuating circumstances related to your adverse credit history. For additional information on obtaining an endorser or submitting documentation to prove an extenuating circumstance, you may visit and review the items listed under Graduate/Professional Students.PLUS Credit Counseling is required if the U.S. Department of Education has informed you that you have an adverse credit history and you have:
    • Obtained an endorser or
    • Documented extenuating circumstances to the satisfaction of the U.S. Department of Education