UT Tyler School of Education
Students should apply for admission to the School of Education (SOE) during the semester in which they will complete all the professional education coursework in Phase I.
- Attend Phase I orientation session. (Phase I instructors will inform students when this will be
- Schedule and complete a successful pre-screen admission interview prior to application to the School of Education.
- Submit Admission Application during the last semester of Phase I. Submit completed copy to Dr. Colleen Swain, BEP 247A.
- Provide evidence of negative tuberculosis (TB) test results. The test must have been taken within one year of the date of application for admission to the program. The test is available for free with your student ID card at the University Health Clinic, 903.939. 7870.
- Pay $100 for admission to the SOE (the fee is paid in the Enrollment Services Center, ADM 230) and submit a copy of the receipt to your advisor. Do NOT bring a check to your advisor.
- Provide evidence of satisfactory scores on one of these acceptable basic skills tests: THEA, Accuplacer, ACT, SAT.
- Complete 48 hours on your degree plan with a minimum cumulative 2.75 GPA, effective September 1, 2013.
- Complete an application selecting a degree plan with your advisor. Secondary candidates - Submit copy of degree/deficiency plan or verification of degree plan.
- Print, sign, and submit the Handbook Agreement Form.
- Print, sign, and submit the FERPA Agreement Form.
- For School of Education academic advising appointments, please email Dr. Swain at cswain@uttyler. She will email you with times when she is available to meet with you.