College of Education and Psychology
How to Apply for Certification
- The candidate will submit the appropriate form (below) to the Office of Educator Certification. Candidates applying for a professional certificate will also submit a service record showing the required number of years of experience as a full-time, classroom teacher of record.
- Initial Certification
- Initial Certification After Internship or Probationary Certificate
- Initial UTeach Certification
- Professional Certification
- Master Reading Teacher Certification
- Probationary Certification
- Probationary Certification with Internship
- Probationary Professional Certification
- The candidate will apply at the TEA website for the certificate.
- UT Tyler will recommend the candidate for certification when all requirements are completed, including the degree and the required testing.
- After TEA has run the criminal background check (initial certification), the certificate will be granted.
- The certificate is available to the applicant and the school district online as a virtual certificate.
How to apply...