Transportation - Airlines
Office of Financial Services
The University of Texas System has mandated that all faculty, staff, students and guests traveling on university business must use the UT System contracted travel agencies: Corporate Travel Planners (CTP) or Anthony Travel (ATI). Those who are not compliant with the policy may be suspended from future travel and may not be reimbursed for airfare expenses. All commercial air booked through CTP, ATI or Concur is direct billed to the university.
NOTE: The UT Share/PeopleSoft Travel Authorization (TA) is a numerical “Authorization ID” that is entered within your reservation. The TA is normally created by a departmental administrative assistance. To confirm your reservation the TA and the departmental cost center number will need to be entered or given to the agent.
Concur Online Travel (Domestic Travel Only)
Concur is an online travel booking tool, designed to make the business travel reservation process easier and more convenient. Travel content (air, car and hotel) is delivered in a user friendly format.
Concur Self Registration (one time setup)
All airline tickets are booked through CTP (online and full service) or ATI (full service only). The reimbursement for air transportation may not exceed the cost of the lowest refundable available airfare. If non-refundable airfare is purchased, the employee may incur the risk of trip cancellation.
NOTE: Reservations must be confirmed within 24 hours or tickets are automatically canceled. Fare and flight availability are not guaranteed until purchased. Reservations cannot be finalized until CTP or ATI receives the traveler's TA and the departmental cost center number.
The reservation is complete when the traveler/travel arranger receives an e-invoice with the remarks "your e-ticket confirmation is XXXXXX." When emailing after 4 p.m. CST, agents will respond the next business morning. For same-day travel request please call the agent directly using full service.
Travel Agency Policy Exceptions
All faculty, staff, students and guests who travel on university business are required to use the authorized travel agencies. Those currently exempt from this requirement include: student group travel (10 students or more) and athletic (team) travel.
- Exceptions will be made only for the following circumstances with documented approval from the vice president for business affairs, obtainedprior to travel:
- Travel paid by an outside entity.
NOTE: Grant-funded accounts are exempt only if the grant outlines specific processes and procedures for securing travel arrangements.
- Emergency situations (flood, hurricane, etc.).
- If CTP or ATI is unable to provide airfare within $100 of a lower fare available from another source, then the alternate travel provider may be chosen.
- Printed quotes from the agency and outside source, with an apples-to-apples comparison (same date, flights, cities, class of service, restrictions) must be provided to the vice president for business affairs in advance of ticket purchase.
- Meeting or conference airfares and discounts cannot be obtained from UT Tyler's travel agencies, CTP or ATI.