Hibbs Institute for Business & Economic Research
Soules College of Business
The Hibbs Institute for Business and Economic Research is a unit of the Soules College of Business at the University of Texas at Tyler. The Institute plays a vital role in supporting the mission of the university in becoming an economic driver of East Texas by providing economic research and analysis.
The Hibbs Institute offers a variety of products and services:
- Hibbs Brief, a periodic one-page analysis of current issues in Tyler, TX.
- Hibbs Newsletter, a bulletin with economic, statistic and business performance indicators for the East Texas region.
- Hibbs Whitepapers, technical reports on topics of interest to East Texas.
- Speaking engagements with regional civic clubs.
- Regional economic data for:
- The East Texas Area (23 counties combined)
- The Tyler Area
- The Longview Area
- The Texarkana Area
- The 23 counties of East Texas
- Project evaluation.
- Cost-benefit analysis.
- Economic impact studies.
- Business contribution analysis.
- Regional socio-economic profiles.
- Feasibility analysis.
- Labor market studies.
- Specialized research projects according to client needs.