School of Nursing
Outstanding Nursing Alumni Award 2024
The UT Tyler School of Nursing Outstanding Alumni Award recognizes the excellent work of our alumni. Over the years, we have had many graduates distinguish themselves as clinicians, educators, leaders, scientists, and entrepreneurs. The award was established in 2017 to acknowledge the significant contributions made by our alumni to the nursing profession. This annual award not only recognizes a deserving nursing graduate but also serves as an inspiration for current and future students. The UT Tyler School of Nursing Outstanding Alumni Award is bestowed on an alumnus/a who meets the following criteria:
- Graduate from The University of Texas at Tyler School of Nursing (BSN, MSN, DNP, or PhD)
- Significant contribution to the profession of nursing through leadership, education, clinical practice, research, health policy, service, or entrepreneurial initiative.
- Demonstrated commitment to serving the community.
- Additional consideration will be given to applicants who demonstrate innovative or
creative solutions to challenges in healthcare.
*Current UT Tyler employees and previous recipients of the School of Nursing Alumni Award are not eligible.
The School of Nursing Outstanding Nursing Alumni Committee may elect not to give out an award for any given year if there are no nominations.
If selected, the recipient must attend the Pinning Ceremony which takes place annually during the spring semester.
We need your help in identifying deserving recipients! Anyone can submit a nomination for this prestigious award and, self-nominations are accepted.
Nominations are submitted through an online Qualtrics link and will include the nominee’s resume/CV and the nominator’s statement. The statement should be 1-2 pages in length addressing the award criteria.
- General demographic information of the nominee (e.g., current email, phone, address, place of employment, maiden name if applicable).
- A 1–2-page statement addressing the award criteria and why you believe the nominee should be considered for the Outstanding Nursing Alumni Award.
- A current resume/CV.
- Nominations will be accepted until January 15; late entries will not be accepted. The award winner will be notified in February.
- Complete this survey for the nomination process.
Thank you for taking the time to apply or nominate a School of Nursing alumni for this prestigious recognition!
If you have any questions about eligibility or the nomination process, please contact SONAlumni@uttyler.edu.
Congratulations to our 2023 Award Recipient: Dr. Cristina Dominguez, PhD., MSN, RN, CNE Class of 2017