UT Tyler School of Nursing
Welcome to the nationally recognized graduate nursing programs at The University of Texas at Tyler!
- Focusing on Health in Communities
- Preparing Nurse Leaders, Educators, Advanced Practitioners and Researchers of the Future
- Addressing the Challenges of a Changing Healthcare Environment
- Consistently rated by U.S. News & World Report among the top!
- MSN Program Outcomes/Objectives
- Integrate scientific knowledge and theories from nursing and related disciplines into advanced nursing practice;
- Apply organizational and systems leadership principles and methods for the promotion and evaluation of quality, ethical, and safe patient care;
- Translate, integrate, and disseminate scientific evidence into practice;
- Utilize technologies to deliver, enhance, integrate, and coordinate communication, education, and patient care;
- Intervene at the systems level through the policy development process and employ advocacy strategies to influence health care;
- Manage care through collaboration with other health care professional as a member and leader of health care teams; and
- Integrate organizational client centered concepts to provide preventive and population-based care.
Flexible and Student Focused
- Online and Hybrid Courses
- Built Upon a Model of Strengths
- Outstanding Faculty Dedicated to Student Success
- Sensitive to Diverse Populations
- Encouraging Students to Study and Solve Problems in the Communities in Which They Reside
- Rated #1 in the Nation for Affordability of Online Master’s in Nursing Programs by affordablecolleges.com!
Numerous Study and Career Options
- MSN Programs
- Certificate Programs
- PhD Programs
- DNP Programs
Preceptor training information and resources can be found on our Preceptor Training page.
Nursing Alumni Award (Presented annually in the spring)
Out of State Student Clinical Requirements
The University of Texas at Tyler is approved by the Washington State Nursing Care Quality Assurance Commission to conduct practice experiences in the state of Washington for the MSN Administration, Post-Master’s Administration Certificate and MSN/MBA coordinated degree programs.