UT Tyler Recreational Sports
The Herrington Patriot Center offers a place for the entire campus community to work out, play and learn about healthy living.
Life is great…..fitness makes it better! RecSports strives to meet the needs of the UT Tyler community by providing a welcoming environment and empowering participants to achieve their fitness goals through a variety of group fitness classes. Some of the benefits of participating in fitness activities include:
- Regular exercise (150 min./week) reduces risk for many diseases, increasing your chance for a longer life.
- Exercise improves moods and reduces stress.
- Physical activity may help you fall asleep faster and improve sleep quality.
- Regular activity plays a critical role in controlling weight.
- Regular exercise has been proven to improve academic outcomes.
- Exercise increases energy and improves your ability to do everyday activities.
- Be sure to try a variety of activities to enhance your fitness enjoyment and decrease the risk for overuse injuries.