The University of Texas at Tyler
A UT Tyler Rose Scholar is defined as a student who would be an exemplary representative on behalf of The University of Texas at Tyler. This scholar will represent UT Tyler at community events including the Texas Rose Festival 2022, along with working 5 hours per week in the Office of Community Partnerships. Two students will be selected for this position.
Rose Scholars are also expected to represent the University in both community outreach programs and special campus-wide events held throughout the academic year. The Rose Scholar is awarded a scholarship disbursement which will include all tuition, fees, books, and room and board for Fall 2022 and Spring 2023 semesters.
The full application consists of general student information, essay questions, a YouTube video submission, and a faculty/staff recommendation form. In order to be considered for the 2022-2023 Rose Scholar Program, the 2022-2023 Rose Scholar Application and 2022-2023 Rose Scholar Faculty/Staff Recommendation Form must be completed by Friday, May 13, 2022.
Participate in all Rose Festival Activities including events listed below:
- Friday, July 15 at 7:30pm, Texas Rose Festival Kickoff Celebration
- Thursday, October 13 at 10am, Texas Rose Festival Ribbon Cutting and Morning Prayer Service
- Friday, October 14 at 11:00am, Texas Rose Festival Men’s/Ladies’ Luncheon
- Friday, October 14 at 2pm, Texas Rose Festival Matinee Coronation
- Friday, October 14 at 7pm, Texas Rose Festival Evening Coronation
- Friday, October 14 at 9:30pm, Texas Rose Festival Past President’s Reception
- Saturday, October 15 at 9am, Texas Rose Festival Parade
- Saturday, October 15 at 1pm, Texas Rose Festival Queen’s Tea
- Work five hours per week in the Office of Community Partnerships
- Participate in community events at the discretion of the Office of Community Partnerships
- Successful completion of at least one year at UT Tyler (at least one fall & spring semester or one full academic year)
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate student at UT Tyler and plan to be enrolled for Fall 2022 & Spring 2023 semesters as an undergraduate student
- Minimum of 2.5 cumulative G.P.A. each semester
- Completion of all pieces of the Rose Scholar Application by Friday, May 13, 2022
- Rose Scholar Student Application, including video uploaded via YouTube
- Rose Scholar Recommendation Form
- Available for an in-person interview that will be held on the main Tyler campus the week of June 6-10 or June 13-17 (specific interview dates will be communicated directly with the Rose Scholar finalists).
- Strong interpersonal skills, including conversation and public speaking
- Leadership skills or previous leadership experience