Social Media Guidelines
The University of Texas at Tyler prohibits the creation of unofficial social media pages that:
- Appear to represent the university.
- Use the UT Tyler name and/logo or official university images on an unofficial, unapproved page.
- "UT Tyler," "UTTyler," "UT-Tyler", "UTT", UT Tyler ... "
- "The University of Texas at Tyler," "University of Texas at Tyler," etc.
- Impersonate the university in any way.
Accounts deemed false or wrongly representing the university with name/official logos or slandering the university will be reported as "impersonation" and could result in legal action. UT Tyler has the legal right to defend its brand against these violations.